Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 230352
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Position OverviewSeeking a Configuration Engineer to help develop and maintain engineering BoM’s for new products throughout the lifecycle of the instrument including planning for configurations in manufacturing. In this role, the Configuration Engineer will be the liaison between the solution architecture, design engineering, and supply chain manufacturing. This position reports to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Configuration and Release Engineering.
· Establish and maintain product data structures in PLM tools
· Establish and maintain engineering BoM’s for product design work package deployment
· Plan for configurations during both development (engineering prototypes) and commercialization
· Coordinate and support design release execution
· Manage integration and stabilization work package deployment
· Manage and support design change activities
· Coordination point for Design-to-Shelf assets
· Manage platform asset knowledge capture
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline
· Minimum 5 years work experience in PLM
· Minimum 5 years of total work experience in product development related field
· Domestic travel required (~5-10%)
· International travel possible (~<5%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Work experience in Teamcenter, SAP P41, and/or TFS
· Experience in Release/Configuration Engineering
PLM, Product Life Cycle Management, PDM - Product Data Management, Configuration Engineer, Hardware