Product Engineer II
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 230385
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Purpose: The charter of the MI Service Operations organization is to support the country and headquarters service organizations through the following activities:
· Field Update Handling and Siemens Knowledge Base
· Product Tracking
· Product end of life planning
· Service Monitoring
· Systemic failure investigation
· Assist in spare parts logistics and maintenance
Job Family Specific Responsibilities / Key Responsibilities
1. Assist as necessary with product tracking, installed volume reporting, product failure investigations and planning for product obsolescence issues for SPECT products.
2. Take ownership of the field update process from beginning to end for SPECT products. This activity includes attending planning meetings with R&D to determine field affectivity of Engineering changes, generating effected sites lists for field updates, creating update procedures, generating the workflows in SAP to release field updates and forecasting and releasing the update kits.
3. Create and distribute SKB’s / “Speed Info’s” for SPECT products. Speed info’s are documents that convey useful service information to customer service engineers.
4. Assist in creating and distributing remote software updates to the field using the Siemens Remote Software Distribution infrastructure.
5. The ability to work effectively within the framework of a cross functional team. Must be able to work effectively with country service organizations worldwide, and with the central service organization in Germany.
6. Good organizational skills and should be experienced in working with databases such as SAP
Other Responsibilities / Skills
1. This is a customer service position, therefore excellent interpersonal skills are required. Must work well across functional lines (i.e. customer, service, sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing)
2. Work independently and be able to run projects while adhering to departmental procedures and maintaining regulatory compliance
3. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
4. Working knowledge of service processes and SAP, although not required, are desirable
5. Ability to manage complex projects and work independently
Education / Knowledge / Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification may be required in some areas
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and processes
- Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in medical instrumentation or a similar Hi Tech Field in Service, Manufacturing or Engineering
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable