Engineering Project Manager
Business Unit: Urban Transport
Requisition Number: 230398
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and inter nationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – all products, solutions and services regarding mobility are handled by the Mobility Division.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
The Engineering Project Manager, Locomotives is responsible for the design and engineering of the locomotive projects (within the Sacramento Engineering Scope of Work) reporting to the Director of Engineering . The main objective of this role is to engineer customized versions of the current locomotive portfolio capitalizing on the platform design with the integration of agreed customer specified requirements.
• You will set up and lead a team of engineers creating the product deliverables as well as supporting procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty.
• You will specify the requirements and liaise across departments providing clarity and so forth.
• You will be in charge of systems integration of the complete product including agreed customer requirements in line with the mutually agreed scope of work with locomotive engineering COC, compilation of the BOM’s and Technical Specifications.
• You will also be the technical representative and lead in customer design reviews.
• You will be responsible for creating the WBS’s, assigning resources and ensuring that the scheduled release dates are met.
• You will prepare engineering estimates for customer change orders and future proposal work.
• You will be responsible to manage the budgets.
• You will support the procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles.
• You will travel up to 20% of your time.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS degree in Engineering or related discipline
• At least 10 years Rolling Stock experience
• Work experience of 10 years as a minimum
• Travel will be about 25%
• Knowledge of the American ACS-64 & Charger locomotive designs in Engineering.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• ACS-64 and Charger locomotive experience and the vehicle platforms they are derived from.
• Experience working with Pro-Engineer, SAP, PDMLink and related workflows.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.