Service Specialist II - Building Automation Service - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230420
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after normal business hours.
- Responds to calibrations specific customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved, and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work,
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, verification and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and recommends the best course of action.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: 3 to 5 years of Calibration experience - for example, but not limited to, Signal Generator, Multi-Meter, Balometer, etc.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Adobe PDF
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including OT and DT which includes weekends.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to use laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred experience: Troubleshooting of building automation systems.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.