Security Systems Installation Technician - Detroit, MI
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230429
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
For more information, please visit:
Site Installation Technician – Commercial Security Systems
Siemens Industry Inc., an industry leader in providing installation, maintenance and repair of all types of building HVAC, fire and security systems, is searching for a Security Field Installation Technician. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, this position will perform the following.
· As a Security Site Installation Tech, you will perform semi-complex equipment installation; install control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools.
· Technicians will need to create connections to various devices and electrically powered devices; validate connections to power source and/or terminate wiring, mounting of parts and testing connections.
· You will participate in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: working with an engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the creation of job specific programming via computer for various systems and in the creation and upload of point database, creates semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
· The Technician will also conduct Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Security System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action. Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
Experience with CCure, SI Pass, or other access / security systems preferred
Experience with video management systems.
Ability to install and network IP based videos surveillance equipment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- A.S. degree in Electronics or related field or experience in the installation and maintenance of Commercial Security Systems.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.