Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230432
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Blue Bell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global
technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,
quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup
provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets,
the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and
Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and industry operating protocols. Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation systems. The systems engineer chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution to the project manager.
- Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution.
- Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
- Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
- May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
- Designs complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through Mobus, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
- Prepares required engineering packages (drawings, schedules, databases, programs, etc.) and schedules subsequent hand-off to field operations team.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Generates DDC point database on all projects. Generates code for equipment as required.
- Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment. Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and System Specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
- Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers.
- Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
· Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
- Creates or oversees the creation of system graphics.
· Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
· Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Participates in job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- May perform some field activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training required.
- 2-6 years engineering or installation experience in systems / controls / mechanical / electrical or other related experience preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
- Strong Knowledge of AutoCAD and Office Software required.
- Knowledge of HVAC, Chillers, Boilers, Heat Exchangers and other mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical systems
- Knowledge of networking protocols both industrial and commercial setting.
- Fully proficient and independent design skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in mechanical, electrical or systems engineering preferred.
- Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC, Chillers, Boilers, Heat Exchangers and other mechanical equipment.
- Strong knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical systems
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols both industrial and commercial setting.
- Knowledge of HVAC and controls pertaining to critical environments, including laboratories, clean rooms and data centers.