Biomarker Production Specialist
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 230439
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-North Wales
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
To perform complex biomarker production and quality control functions including set-up, operation, routine checks and maintenance of the manufacturing equipment. This includes cyclotrons and chemistry modules, performance and documentation of all quality control processes.
Please note that this is primarily a night shift role at the PETNET Solutions pharmacy ; flexibility to work alternative shifts is required.
* Performs complex compounding, manufacturing (cyclotron and chemistry module operation) and quality control processes(utilizing analytical equipment TLC, HPLC, GC), under supervision as required by State and Federal law
* Participates in complex inspections, maintenance and troubleshooting to support manufacturing and testing processes and equipment
* Implements approved SOP changes to production and quality control processes
* Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly PM checks of Cyclotrons, Chemistry Modules, and QC Equipment as per the SOP's
* Oversee routine logistics functions including preparing product for shipment, coordinating courier schedules and documenting as necessary
* Identifies opportunities for efficiency in the production process
* Maintain a clean, clutter free facility and well organized production area and workflow
* Provides exemplary customer support
* Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
* HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
* Detail oriented with strong critical thinking skills
* Ability to work independently
* Basic computer skills such as spreadsheet, word processing and e-mail
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
* 1-2 years of experience in a related role.
* Active Pharmacy Technician License or ability to acquire.
Ability lift up to 100 lbs