Product Engineer, Sr
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 230443
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Work with multiple functions to develop quality, manufacturable, testable, and lowest cost electro-mechanical designs.
Conceptualize and design solutions
Produce detailed drawings utilizing GD&T and GEO best practices
Participates in the preparation of semi-complex sketches, design layouts, and other specifications.
Drive Engineering excellence by executing and participating in Siemens Center of Excellence activities and Design to Shelf initiatives (DFSS, Set Based Design, Logical Decision making, Creating Knowledge briefs, etc…).
Supports cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment
Work with Suppliers to address technical issues with designs.
Drive Engineering changes through the Siemens design change process (CRB).
Participates in preparing prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility
Perform detailed engineering analysis of new and existing designs to verify robustness and design intent.
Participates, initiates, and leads drafting and design reviews with a cross functional team.
Perform Work Package Team Lead activities by championing and driving design changes from inception through release, managing resources and schedule, and ensuring robust design through diligent engineering oversight.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (master’s degree a plus)
- Must have experience with thermal and motion control systems (mechatronics).
- 5-8 years of industry experience in product design, development, and manufacturing with technical background in mechanical assemblies that are related to motion control and structures
- Ability to perform thermal analysis on complex sub-systems
- Experience working with suppliers of sheet metal, machined, and molded mechanical parts to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- 2-5 years working in an FDA-regulated environment a plus
- Must have proficiency in 3D CAD design software (NX preferred).
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…)
- FEA and CFD software experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong GD&T skills and ability to perform tolerance stack-ups on complex assemblies.
- Proficiency with ASME Y14.5 standards
- Experience with processes FMEA and DFMA