Project Management Specialist ( In Vitro Diagnostics)
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 230493
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Lead multiple cross-functional Product Development teams to deliver in vitro assay/consumable diagnostic products to the market and improve clinical outcomes.
Reporting to the VP of Program Management within R&D Assay Development , the Project Management Specialist 5 (Program Manager) is responsible for leading multiple cross-functional Product Development teams that deliver in vitro assay/consumable diagnostic products to the market. Additional responsibilities include participating in functional initiatives and management activities.
- For multiple projects, lead and manage cross-functional, cross-site teams representing all Product Development life-cycle phases including project planning, scheduling, tracking, coordinating and monitoring activities. This may include project team members from other companies where contractual and personnel management must be effectively managed to ensure project success.
- Create and manage project scope, schedule and budget.
- Assure that all product and project deliverables (quality, performance, cost, schedule and revenue) are met.
- Identify needed decisions and drive the decision making process
- Schedule and lead meetings to coordinate inter-departmental project activities; including those necessary to resolve project issues
- Commitment to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Interface with Senior Functional Managers and Business Unit leadership as needed for resource management and performance reviews.
- Manage project communications to all stakeholders (project teams, functional managers, internal and external customers, and senior management), including meeting minutes, monthly updates, communications meetings, and phase reviews
- Identify and implement process improvements.
Facilitate the exchange of information between departments on a day-to-day basis and maintains liaison with all members of the project team between project team meetings.
Responsible for continuous improvement of the product development process to streamline time to market
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Advanced scientific, technology and/or business degrees are highly desirable and can substitute for some required experience.
Requires basic skills in the product development process and a general business understanding, preferably in the medical device industry
Project Management expertise:
- Ten plus years of industry experience, which should include 4 years’ experience managing complex projects
- Strong analytical skills to assess situations and drive decision making
- Ability to coordinate across disciplines and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down organization
- Experience in producing written reports (i.e. published papers, company reports, etc.)
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communications skills
- Familiarity with key software and decision making tools
- Ability to independently function in a changing, high-impact position, with deadline and resource constraints
- Capacity to achieve outcomes based on ability to facilitate and negotiate desired results
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification not required but is a key differentiator.
- Working knowledge of FDA, ISO and IVDD regulations desired.