Manufacturing Design Engineer- Olean, NY
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 230498
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
- Review new product designs and changes to existing designs with engineering to assure that manufacturing consideration are incorporated and full advantage of manufacturing possibilities have been utilized utilizing VA/VE and Design for Manufacturing. With assistance of Work Groups and Shop Supervision, recommend innovative solutions to improvement processes resulting in reduced cycle time, reduced set-up time, improve material handling, reduce WIP inventory, reduce quality costs and reduce production costs.
- Design tooling, fixtures, and jigs required during manufacturing processes.
- Produce detailed drawings and specifications that can be used to manufacture same.
- Function as a Team Leader on manufacturing projects and/or capital projects.
- Provides relevant knowledge and expertise to aid the workgroup and company in its Lean Transformation including Lean Leadership, 6-S, Value Stream Mapping, ACP Leadership, Six-Sigma, Team Leadership and Team Facilitation, VA/VE, and Design for Manufacturing.
- Prepares documentation and case study for the justification, specification, procurement, installation and commissioning of capital equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment that ensures compliance to health, safety and environmental requirements. Support in-house manufacturing operations in their efforts to maintain existing tools, fixtures, and gauges. Includes process documentation and work instructions.
- Plan manufacturing processes for existing and future parts/products.
- Provide technical and continuous improvement support to suppliers that produce finished product or manufacturing processes outside the Siemens factories.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 3 years of engineering experience within manufacturing product design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Must have excellent problem solving skills
- Must have analytical skills to properly identify initial root cause in various manufacturing applications and variety of materials
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 2 – 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a Machine Shop preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Project
- Experience in utilizing lean manufacturing concepts such as kaizen, kanban, 6S, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, A3, and Six Sigma to develop improvements to manufacturing operations
- Experience in project management of new capital, and implementing changes to the manufacturing processes, such as improving material flow, and optimizing departmental layouts
- Experience in thermal processing and alternate manufacturing methods such as EB Welding, Water Jet Cutting, and assembly is beneficial
CAD/CAM experience with Siemens NX (Unigraphics) or equivalent