Staff Engineer ( Electrical and Optical Sensor Development)
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 230519
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Optical Engineering (Illumination, Detection, etc.)
Fluidics and fluid interfaces including mixers, and manifolds
- Broad optical design skill set is required. Experience in some or all of the following is desired: lens design, illumination design, photometry, physical optics and interferometry
- Conceptual Opto-mechanical design
- Optical detector technologies
Additional Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record (10+ years) of innovative work with optical/electro-optical systems as both a technical contributor and project manager.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, design and develop optical-electronics.
- Hands-on experience in the development, prototyping, testing and transfer to production of complex electro-optical
- Experience with optical test equipment, autocollimators, spectrophotometers, etc.
- Working knowledge of optical design software and statistical analysis experience are required.
- Ability to work with mechanical, CAE, and embedded software people is a must.
- Experience with EMI immunity design is preferred.
Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Physics, Software, or ) and 15+ years of industry experience
Familiarity with electrical engineering design, analysis and simulation
Familiarity with optical engineering design, analysis and simulation
Six Sigma methodologies like DFSS, set based design and platform development concepts like design to shelf will be desirable
Understanding or expertise in analysis and modeling tools like Finite Element, CFD, and others will be helpful
Experience with in-vitro chemistry analyzer design and development would be desirable
Ability to deep dive into technical issues and provide technical leadership
Regulated industry experience (FDA, Automotive, Industrial, etc.)
Exhibited leadership and accountability
Multi-disciplinary engineering team leadership
Cross-functional team membership including service
Project management experience for complex systems
Experience transferring product to manufacturing