Electrical Engineer (Gas Turbine Design/Rotating Equipment)- Houston
Business Unit: Distributed Generation
Requisition Number: 230535
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Electrical Engineer - Gas Turbine Design/Rotating Design
The Electrical Engineer (Gas Turbine Design/Rotating Design) will design packaging systems to support Siemens complete range of industrial gas turbine products. The ideal candidate will have design and field engineering experience in the oil and gas and power generation industry for package and systems engineering.
- Develop Instrumentation and Electrical solutions.
- Deliver engineering drawings such as P&ID’s, General Arrangement and Assembly Drawings, redline markup’s, work instructions or work packs, demolition or construction instruction, API data sheets, BOM’s and component / equipment datasheets.
- Extract system requirements based on form, fit and function that’s currently at customer’s site and define new requirements based on upgrade solutions sold.
- Work with designers/drafters on detailed design (e.g. schematics, electrical interface, single line diagrams, BOM’s etc.).
- Responsible to deliver requirements, risk review, design, drawings and BOM’s on time to meet schedule.
- Work closely with Design Authorities and present the solution in design reviews.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects.
- Liaise with procurement and suppliers to source systems and necessary components with Global Procurement Specification.
- Work with assembly personnel to optimize design for manufacturing.
- Resolve any customer issues and support thru installation.
- Must be well versed in the practical application of industry codes, certification requirements and standards for different regions and countries (API, UL, CSA, ASME, ATEX, IEC, etc.)
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering
- Min. 5 years of experience in an Engineering role.
- 1-2 years of Gas turbine, rotating equipment, packaging, oil and gas applications
- Strong knowledge of gas generator/rotation equipment, package and sub-system designs.
- Experienced with certification and code requirements
- Demonstrated experience working within a technical team environment.
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Engineering procurement and installation sub system level experience.
- Ability to travel domestic/internationally up to 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Hands on field experience specifically installation, commissioning, operations and / or maintenance of rotating equipment machinery including the necessary ancillary and auxiliary equipment.
- Previous experience in gas, oil or power generation markets.
- Lean Sigma Green Belt or Robust Design Certification.
- Risk and requirements management.