Software Engineering Manager
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 230536
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The Manager filling this position will lead a high performance software development team that works on FE meshing and geometry abstraction capabilities for the Simcenter 3D product suite as defined by the management team. The development team of 10-15 staff are geographically dispersed across US and European offices. The manager will work with product management and direct team members to evaluate requirements and propose functional solutions. The team will be responsible for delivering robust high quality solutions meeting rigorous release criteria. The manager will guide team members in a transition to an Agile development process.
- Manage a team of developers. Supervise the staff (i.e. hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, etc.)
- Promote innovation within the team
- Project Management
Participates in project planning (task identification and subdivision, dependency identificiation, estimating effort) and project tracking (monitoring, reporting, and adjusting)
- Process Focus
Follows established good/best practices and standards to help efficiently develop high
quality software. Identify and promote productivity process improvements.
- Product or domain knowledge
Maintains industry and technology knowledge in relevant product areas. Evaluate customer requests and develop an understanding of customer needs.
-Possesses sufficient domain knowledge to understand, analyze, and document requirements.
- Functional Specification
Proposes and defines creative and feasible solutions to effectively address the requirements.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technology.
- Develops domain knowledge of the Simulation market.
- Ensure team develops high quality code using sound software engineering methods and achieves quality goals as defined by CFURPS (Compatibility, Functionality, Usability, Reliability & Reusability, Performance, Supportability & Scalability) and supports long term.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience in development of complex engineering software solutions.
- Experience using C structured and C++ object oriented programming techniques in a
commercial quality software environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with finite element modeling and analysis and computer-aided engineering (CAE)
software is highly desired.
- Project management experience is highly desired.
- People management experience is a plus.
- Experience in an Agile development process is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.