Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 230619
Primary Location: United States-California-Pomona
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Industry is looking for a Manufacturing Manager for our Pomona, CA factory. Our growing facility has more than one hundred and thirty employees that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the western United States market. Our operations include material handling, metal fabrication, final assembly and test. The position is responsible for leading our fabrication and assembly functions to achieve the desired safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory performance. The role is responsible for at least four salary direct reports and more than one hundred hourly indirect reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together
- Safety: The most important responsibility of this role is ensuring employee safety. Lead the One-a-day program that empowers all team members to identify and eliminate hazards daily. Partner with onsite Zero Harm Culture leader and EH&S Lead to achieve zero injuries.
- Quality: Drive continuous improvement of processes and systems to achieve zero defects.
- Delivery: Ensure customer satisfaction by reducing lead times and providing high levels of on-time delivery.
- Cost: Support your team to continually identify and eliminate waste from the manufacturing processes utilizing traditional lean concepts and digital factory technology.
- Inventory: Improve foundational inventory discipline and production flow to meet inventory accuracy and inventory turn-over requirements.
- Conduct team resource planning, staffing, training, communication and performance management.
- You will be responsible for planning annual maintenance and other budgets and manage adherence to budgets.
- Champion an environment of collaboration and a focus on achieving results within your team and across peer groups.
- Deliver effective change leadership to drive business changes while minimizing people impact
- You will communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree.
2. 8 plus years experience in a manufacturing /operations leadership role.
3. Highly effective written and verbal interpersonal skills.
4. You will effectively act as a leader of teams with formal supervisory authority.
5. Demonstrated ability to organize, motivate and manage others to achieve results.
6. Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or other environment leading other leaders.
7. Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
8. Skilled in data analysis using MS Excel or other tools to measure and manage performance.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Experience with automation and digital manufacturing technology.
2. Lean, Six Sigma certification.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.