Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 230647
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Energy Management is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our high horsepower manufacturing team in Grand Prairie. In this position, you will work to improve existing procedures and processes within our system and collaborate with team members to improve quality controls, tests, and verifications. You will also be the lead for any customer facing quality opportunities as well as internal quality challenges. You should have sound experience in lean manufacturing concepts, ISO leadership/auditing, lean quality tools (FMEA, pareto charts, fishbone diagrams, six Sigma 5S, 8D methodology), process development, and supplier quality.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
· Ensure quality controls are set, oversea tests and monitor activities.
· Maintain high level of consistency and final quality for all parts manufactured.
· Oversee the production related defects.
· Drive supplier performance improvement through root cause analysis & corrective action.
· Track and review corrective and preventive actions including costs and reduction of such costs.
· Provide monthly inspection data and quality assurance reports to senior management.
· Participate in all QA meetings.
· Review and confirm company deliverables.
· Review designs, changes, and plans of specifications and processes.
· Ensure project and processes meet all requirements and reliability standards.
· Work with materials, operations and central quality teams to prioritize tasks and workflow.
· Collaborate with team to identify and implement process improvements.
· You will represent Siemens in a customer facing role with our customers.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
· Five years previous experience in a quality engineer or quality assurance role.
· In-depth understanding of agile methodologies and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
· Certification as CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) from the American Society for Quality preferred
· Experience with SQL.
· SAP experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.