Trade Compliance Specialist
Business Unit: Export Control and Customs
Requisition Number: 230667
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information,please visit: http://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses.html
· Implements standards of US Import Compliance per Siemens Internal Control Program requirements.
· Develops, implements, enforces solutions and plans in order to optimize processes in area of responsibility.
· Collaborates with the U.S. Customs Strategy and Risk team in external and internal audits by Siemens, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and other gov’t agencies. Conduct and monitor Security Risk Assessments.
· Develops and provides training to peers, colleagues, stakeholders and the businesses, as necessary.
· Responsibilities may include the implementation of Customs related processes within the Business ERP system
· Subject matter expertise on US Free Trade Agreements (FTA) and other US Preferential Trade Programs.
· Identifies FTA opportunities based on knowledge of the product and the regulations, which may include support the U.S. Strategy and Risk team with binding ruling requests, further investigation of the materials, dialogue with the business community or other.
· Drives efficiencies in the annual Siemens supplier Preference Certificate Solicitation process either manually or using the GTM tool.
· Ensure Company’s compliance with U.S. laws governing import, export and trade agreement activities. Monitor usage of Special Provisions (Duty Drawback, Foreign Trade Zones, Free Trade Agreements).
· Work closely and respond, as appropriate, to questions from business stakeholders regarding trade compliance matters.
· Identify, capture, collect, monitor key metrics (KPI’s) for development of business strategies and presentation to management.
· Influence business practices to implement and utilize automated solutions.
· Support implementation of trade compliance applications and solutions for medium-large sized entity.
· Collaborate with various stakeholders (business segment management, department leadership, members of the Customs Team) on cross department activities promoting process optimization.
· BS/BA Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field.
· Minimum of 8 years of experience with trade compliance (import and trade agreement)
· Licensed Customs House Broker is a plus.
· Ability to review engineering documentation (e.g. drawings) and understand bills of material.
· Hands-on experience with ERPs and compliance management software, preferably SAP.
· Proficient in utilizing Excel to analyze data and streamline processes.
· Project skills; analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement and monitoring expectations and deliverables.
· Ability to work independently.
· Conceptual and practical expertise in US Customs Valuation issues.
· Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills.
· Presentation skills.
· In depth knowledge of 19 CFR and US HTS.
· Ability to understand and apply FTA General Notes and Rules of Origin.