Cost Estimator- Olean, NY
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 230683
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The principal responsibility of this position is to perform cost estimating functions for equipment manufactured and sold based on customer and or marketing specifications. The Cost Estimator will exercise judgement in making model selections and adaptations for alternatives. Self-motivation to find efficient and effective ways to accomplish end goals is required.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Review marketing cost requests, interpret scope and build estimates using in-house templates.
- Calculate a complete and accurate cost of components and assemblies including engineering, weld, machine, assembly and test hours.
- Develop, create and monitor model selections of configurations. Update the data and maintain templates with current costs.
- Work directly with Engineering, Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing departments to obtain their feedback for building the estimate and updating existing cost models.
- Audit and analyze actual costs with estimated costs to determine if variances exist. Initiate corrective action on any discrepancies.
- Develop and issue target costs for booked orders.
- Special projects and ad hoc requests.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Finance/Accounting.
- 2-3 years’ experience within a production or manufacturing environment
- Entry level experience in Field Cost Estimating
- Knowledge using SAP OR Oracle platform data analytics.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate Excel reporting experience including formulas and macros.
- Create efficient financial reports to deliver to management for review.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Oracle, Sales Force, etc.
- Familiarity with Citrix and CPC
- Ability to build Excel Spreadsheets that requires an input to receive an output