Production Worker 2 - Spares and Kitting
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 230697
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
As the site expands, we are looking for a Production Worker level 2 to join our busy and expanding Spares and Kitting team based at the Flanders NJ Facility.
The Production Worker will work in close co-operation with the instrument production, procurement, warehouse, shipping and quality teams to ensure the timely delivery of instrument kits needed for the instruments work in the field and spares that are needed for customer support. The role is typically involves:
· Picks and packages instrument kits into pre-approved cartons\packages\containers.
· Attaches identifying tags\labels to cartons\packages\containers, or marks them with identifying information. Follows documented processes.
· Reads work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
· All orders are reviewed for availability & lead time.
· Expedite requests reviewed for availability.
· Spreadsheet is maintained to track what production.
· Investigation of the Spares orders is done prior to shipment to distribution center.
· QN notifications for rework orders are and processed.
· The role will be ideal for an individual who has experience of the kitting/spares function, a manufacturing production environment and has a good understanding of materials movement.
Successful applicants will have:
· Have 3 -5 years or more experience within kitting/packing/spares functions, can access working instructions from an automated system, can follow detail work instructions and follow quality regulations.
· An understanding and familiarity of IT systems and data management.
· MS office capability.
· A team player that can support and guide peer departments and functions.
· SAP knowledge a plus.
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds