Manufacturing Operations Supervisor (3rd Shift)- Olean, NY
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 230699
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation,
transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions
– from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’
portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines
for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications,
power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and
related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
Supervise and manage various functions and disciplines on the 3rd shift within manufacturing operations. Typical functions that a supervisor would be accountable for include but are not limited to: safety, quality, productivity, customer satisfaction, budgetary expenses, administration of work rules, adherence to the labor contract, LDMS, man count planning, and executing responsible areas to support the overall plant/company objective.
- Ensuring that employees have a safe work environment and that they are following all safety practices
- Maintaining workplace organization
- Monitoring labor and material transactions to ensure they are accurate and timely
- Responsible for quality of work produced on shift and performing root cause corrective action as required
- Delivering parts on time to customer promise dates
- Leading cycle time and cost reduction improvements
- Communicating regularly with employees and leading daily startup meetings
- Ensuring that employees are cross trained on all aspects of their job
- 2 years heavy manufacturing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This individual must be energetic and self-driven but also a team player and be comfortable working in a team environment.
- This person must possess a high degree of analytical skills to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Unique or Special Requirements: Experience in Lean Manufacturing and contemporary problem solving techniques.
- Associates degree in Machining Technology or Welding a plus