Requirements Manager, Engineering
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 230706
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
The Requirements Manager is responsible for managing the technical compliance of the design and engineering of the rail products currently in the design and development phase; reporting to the Vice President of Engineering. The main objective of this role is to manage the engineering requirements in relation to the customer technical specifications through the entire design and engineering life cycle of the products.
• You should be very familiar with the software tool "DOORS" for managing technical requirements since you will enter the specifications into doors and coordinate the technical compliance comments.
• You will specify the requirements and liaise across departments providing clarity and so forth.
• You will ensure where specified that the rail products follow the industry recommendations for PRIIA.
• You will be responsible for creating the tracking tools, assigning resources and ensuring that the non-compliances are controlled and closed, whether that be through design review minutes or waivers.
• You will prepare engineering estimates for conducting requirements engineering on each projects and will be responsible of managing these allocations.
• You will be the Requirements Engineering face in Engineering and to the customers including regulatory authorities like the FRA and national standards organizations.
• You will review technical specifications compiled by the engineering group for correctness to technical compliance before release.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS degree in Engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree. PE certification is mandatory.
• Rolling Stock experience a minimum of 15 years
• Work experience of 15 years as a minimum
• Travel will be about 35%
• Knowledge of the American Regulatory requirements for Rail.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• At least a BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Heavy Rail experience in the USA; particularly in coaches and Locomotives, with a detailed knowledge of the major critical sub-systems of these products.
• Experience working with DOORS.