Siemens Building Technologies is seeking an independent Building Automation HVAC Controls Commissioning Technician (Service Specialist) located in Burlington, VT. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager through our Albany, NY office, the Commissioning Technician (HVAC Controls Service Specialist) performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that our customers’ building automation systems are properly maintained and operating correctly.
• Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
• Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
• Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• Troubleshoot possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems
• Select product sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements
• Prepare database and job-related programming for computer-based systems
• Provide on-site assistance with or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process
• Execute test protocols and documents results while supplying reports, screenshots and other supporting documentation
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
• Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problems.
• Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs
• Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
• Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam, although we prefer a Bachelor’s Degree
• Required travel: 40%
• Required experience: Three years of experience servicing or installing building automation systems or two years of servicing Siemens automation customers as a Siemens technician
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Experience with programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
• Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation and paid days off (holiday & personal time)
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!