Software Engineer - 3D Graphics
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 230723
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Our research group consists of software engineers and research scientist, working together to create innovations for making the world a better place. We provide software which makes robots more autonomous, machines think and produce, and helps the engineer with intelligent assistance to design the systems. We develop software which runs in embedded devices, on desktops and mobile devices, and in the cloud. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us!
- Design, implement, test and document software for complex engineering tasks like programming industrial machines and robots, designing distributed automation systems, integrating real-time simulation and 3D graphics.
- Contributing to research and development projects and collaboration with software engineers, software architects and researchers
- Setting up demonstrators and testbeds in our Future Automation Lab
- Independently setup, execute and manage smaller R&D projects
- Conduct high quality presentations about the outcome
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Master’s Degree in computer science or a related field is required.
- Must be expert in C# and C++ programming at the ability to understand and design advanced APIs.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering or research
Ability to understand mathematical concepts such as 3D geometry, 3D rendering
Ability to create user interface code such as windows, dialogs, feedback, direct manipulation concepts, palettes, menus, etc.
Experience in web interfaces, RESTful API, sockets, XML, JSON
Good understanding of CAD tools, 3D design, 3D user interfaces
- Practical experience with using software development environments like Visual Studio, Eclipse and version control systems like TFS, SVN or Git.
- Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English
- Willingness to travel 10% (domestic/international)
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on: http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy‐guidance/deemed‐exports/deemed‐exports‐faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Hands-on experience with distributed computing, cloud computing, industrial automation / motion control
- Experience programming embedded/resource constraint devices