Service Operations Manager- Fire Systems- Cypress, CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230746
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
- Plan, organize, direct, and control all fire service operations activities on projects to assure profitable growth. Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning.
- Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins along with getting billings out in a timely manner on a monthly basis.
- Direct and supervise the development of service work to insure customer commitments are met within the estimated dollars. Oversee supervision of all service and retrofit work and personnel on assigned jobs. Ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds in accordance with agreement requirements and customer expectations. Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tools) and provide any corresponding documentation.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams, including proper pricing and scope of work definition for service agreement and service project opportunities. Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the service work that we perform for them. Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Manage or advise on hiring, training/development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures, and productivity tools where applicable. Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance of regulatory laws, changes, and requirements. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications, and services.
- Represent Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations, and affiliations while developing relationships with customers, contractors, and community leaders.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Five years of experience in the installation and maintenance of fire systems including at least two years of supervisory or management experience; Siemens employees who have management experience in building technologies other than fire services also will be considered.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Must obtain state or local fire alarm license as required by local or state regulations within six months of assuming position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.