Test Automation & DevOps Manager
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 230758
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Process Industries and Drives Division is a reputed global provider of future-proof automation and drive technology, industry software and services based on innovative technology platforms. With our standard components, complemented by industry-specific solutions, we optimally fulfill the specific requirements of customers from various industries. As a Trusted Partner across the entire lifecycle of industrial plants – from design, engineering to modernization – Siemens PD paves the ways towards digitalization in the process industries, enabling long-term growth.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Together with Product-Owners, software architects, the test and operations team as well as data analysts you bring fascinating new IoT products into the market by means of modern technologies in the area of data analytics and Big Data.
· You work as a part of an innovative, world-wide, agile team in the organization and development of software based Cloud applications and associated automated tests
· You oversee test, deployment and operation of our cloud-based applications
· You manage a team working on CI/CD pipeline and test automation
· You drive the organization towards continuous deployment.
· You manage a team working on automated monitoring of performance and security.
· You manage a team working on test automation, integration and acceptance test level during continuous delivery.
· You proactively share your knowledge and coach other team members
· You have the enjoyment of the continuous learning and are unafraid of bringing new ideas forward.
· You drive DevOps / Agile / Lean / Design Thinking initiatives across organization
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
·High level of client management experience and Influencing skills
·Strong presentation skills and ability to interact with various levels of management
·Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently on problems.
·Strong written and oral communication skills
·You preferably possess professional experience in the Agile software process of development and are able to work flexibly in a function-general agile team
·Three or more years work experience as DevOp deploying, operating and monitoring cloud application is plus.
·You have good knowledge on AWS services and automation in AWS. AWS certification is plus.
·You have good knowledge in Linux, Windows and Unix
·Provide substantiated knowledge and experience in test automation.
·Experience with software testing automation tools like Cucumber, Robo framework, Ranorex or comparable software is plus.
·General experience in work with infrastructure as code, and infrastructure automation tools like e.g. Chef, Puppet, Terraform
·Understanding of Docker and Docker to deploy services as well as experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
·You have a basic understanding of auto-scaling software solutions, micro services, messaging systems.
·You understand monitoring tools like New Relic, DataDog, and/or Grafana.
·Ideally you will have successfully completed university education in the areas of Informatics, mathematics, physics, engineering sciences or you will have earned the recognition of such academic achievements based on practical programming experiences