Service Project Manager
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230767
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global
technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation,
quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global
technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup
provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets,
the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and
Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital
Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position manages midsized to large / easy to complex projects from pre booking to customer acceptance. Directs and motivates the project team during planning, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
• Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
• Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
• Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools, as well as working with other team members, to monitor/manage and control costs.
• Prepares and issue progress billings for invoicing and pursues timely payments from the customer.
• Authorizes payments to material suppliers, subcontractors, vendors.
• Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the final building automation inspection and the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
• Responsible for customer invoicing and following up with delinquent/past due project invoices.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• BS/BA in a technical field, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong knowledge of the building automation industry (specifically DDC) fundamentals and business operations; excellent contracting skills; an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous project management experience.
• Typically 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• PMP certification a plus
• Experience using MS Project