Project Engineer- Rotating Machinery- Houston
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 230787
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Are you ready to design and create rotating machinery used to generate power and compress gas?
- Supports Project Managers for all technical aspects of the project
- Addresses technical concerns with internal and external clients
- Provides leadership and direction to the project technical team to ensure project deliverables and milestones are met.
- Provides technical support through end of warranty and handover to service.
- Manages all technical contract requirements on assigned projects to deliver on targets and objectives, including certifications and compliance to all applicable standards
- Assigns project work assignments to discipline engineers and monitor progress as agreed with the Engineering Line Manager
- Escalates project technical issues to Project Manager to ensure prompt resolution and to avoid schedule delays.
- Provides technical interface and support to other departments to resolve technical issues.
- Responsible for technical inputs to the generation and approval of test plans / procedures to meet contract requirements
- Supports effective and efficient technical project handover, execution and close-out (PM40 to PM700 as assigned)
- Provides technical review and engineering budgetary estimates for business proposals
- Provides technical interface and support during installation and commissioning (I&C) and warranty phases of assigned projects
- Performs assigned specific engineering tasks such as main equipment specifications and datasheets
- Able to make detailed design decisions to meet contract requirements, such as overall system control philosophies and main equipment specification
- Able to conduct detailed review of contract requirements and specifications and translate these to the project team
- Leads the team through the design review process and supports solutions to design issues that arise
- Minimum B.S. in an engineering related field.
- 3 years of industry experience. Advanced degree may substitute for work experience.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Ability to direct a small team or give general direction to other
- Excellent computer and communication skills
- Experience in gas turbine operations or manufacturing preferred.
- Mechanical engineering degree preferred. M.S. degree is a plus.
- 5-8 years of industry experience. Advanced degree may substitute for work experience.
- Excellent computer skills (Pivot Tables, Knowledge of VBA).