Light Rail Welding Shop Supervisor
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 230795
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
As our Light Rail Weld Shop Supervisor you will deliver value to Siemens Mobility Inc by delivering large scale welding projects in support of our carshell and vehicles production lines. In this critical role, you will succeed by surpassing customer expectations while ensuring the welding team is high performing. If you can deliver welding projects, on time, on budget, with zero defects with perfect safety stats then this is the opportunity designed for you. In this role, you will report to the Weld Shop Manager
· Ensures adherence to relevant internal and local Employee Health and Safety standards.
· Manages the work flow process to ensure all production targets (Quality, Delivery and Cost) are achieved.
· Designs and proposes development of continuous process improvements.
· Ensures availability of working instructions, rules and guidelines for all productions sections, shifts or production lines assigned.
· Contributes to and implements productions plans.
· Evaluates and contributes to implementation of maintenance programs.
· Contributes to planning and supervision of contractor work orders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· High school education or equivalent.
· 5+ years experience welding complex assemblies using a variety of welding methods.
· Working knowledge of torch, plasma equipment and test equipment.
· Capable of supporting weld process development and improvement for methodology of weld processes.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 2+ years leading/training a large team of Welders.
· OSHA 10 Training
- Knowledge of MRP systems, preferably JDE.
- Have Non-Distructive Testing (NDT) certifications. Such as: Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Die-Penentrant (PT), Magnetic-Particle (MT).
Metallurgy and or structural design/analysis training is a plus.