Manager Engineering - Precision Fluidics
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 230802
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
- Ensures projects teams are fully staffed and with the required skillset needed for success
- Conducts mid, end of year reviews of team members. Drives development plans as needed.
- Develops training plans for staff and updates accordingly to project needs
- Participate in long range planning sessions
- Develops team annual budgets
- Ensures teams are using best practice processes and procedures
- Brainstorm new ways of working to eliminate waste and reduce time to market
- Ensure teams are engaged, have high morale, and perform at a high levels at all times
- Apply problem solving skills and root cause analysis to all areas of the business
- Ensure the quality of work produced by the team is high, and apply continuous improvement measures
- Plan teams work in coordination with other teams, adjust as necessary
- Critically evaluate teams designs and adjust using engineer experience and knowledge
- Perform Work Package team lead activities, managing resources, quality and schedule.
- Work closely with multiple groups and functions to ensure full integration of fluidics systems into the instrument designs
- Participates in technical problem solving, by providing effective solutions for technical challenges, by applying conepts, techniques and process’ within the scope of mechanical engineering.
- Strong prior design knowledge of precision fluid delivery systems is a strong plus
- Working understanding of DfSS, FMEA’s, Design Optimization and Robustness, Knowledge Briefs (K-Briefs) and Knowledge Gap Analysis is strongly preferred
- Must have some proficiency in 3D CAD design software (NX preferred).
- Proficiency in TeamCenter a plus.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Understanding of tolerance stack up process’ and procedures
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodologies desirable
- Understanding of new product development process’ and procedures
- Knowledge of various simulation techniques for structural, fluidic and thermal modeling
- Understanding of multiple manufacturing methods including plastic injection molding, sheet metal, castings, extrusions, machining, etc.
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- The ability to relate well and establish credibility at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 15+ years of demonstrated success in new product development required.
- Experienced functional manager with 10+ years leading small to mid-sized engineering teams required.
- Previous medical instrumentation design a plus but not necessary. Many adjacent fields (industrial, automotive, aerospace, etc) with similar skillsets considered.
- Masters or PHD a plus, but not necessary