Operations Project Lead - Fire Service - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230839
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
Siemens is seeking a Fire Project Lead to support our Fire Alarm business in the Bay Area. The role is designed for an entry level person with an aptitude for scheduling and processing project tasks. This role is responsible coordinating with the Project Managers to complete projects. Tasks and duties will include administrative duties, such as billings, change order proposals and close outs documentations. This position will be filled by an individual that seeks to become a Project Manager and is comfortable with the Construction Industry.
While under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Fire Project Lead must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties:
- Work and communicate with external parties and customers’ Superintendents, Foremen and Journeymen to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with assigned projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with engineering and specialists’ supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope, and scheduling, as well as work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Work with our internal Financial Business Administration (FBA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationships with the customers.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete project.
- Learn to interpret and explain plans and contract terms.
- Formulate reports on work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Work with engineers to produce shop drawings and all project deliverables.
- Manage projects to ensure the established budgets are met and ensure that products are manufactured to customer specifications.
- Communicate the company's core value of safety and project-specific safety requirements, goals, and objectives.
- Collaborate with our sales team and the customers to identify any variances from the baseline and determine appropriate course of action to remedy any schedule slippage.
- Communicate schedule updates and any schedule slippage remedies to the customers and gain remedy approvals including any compensation component.
- Provide forecasts to the customer and participate in forecast/budget meetings as required.
- Develop project budget based on the estimate/proposal including the budget breakdown by task and appropriate tracking units; develop cost codes for tasks/units.
- Run reports on projects, tracking cost and billing.
- Maintain open communication with the customer and discuss potential future projects.
- Manage Profit & Loss in assigned projects and monthly financial review meetings.
- Participate in department meetings as requested.
- Perform additional assignments as requested and maintain a teamwork attitude.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required. (Bachelor's Degree in Project / Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, or related field preferred.)
- Required experience: related academic and/or professional experience that will allow the hired candidate to successfully lead our fire and life safety projects.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Must have knowledge of the appropriate codes and standards which govern design and operating requirements.
- Proven ability to successfully manage assigned projects that meet or exceed project schedule and cost estimate.
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems
- Must have a strong working knowledge of scheduling software, Microsoft Office (including Access and Excel) and MS Project 2013.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.