Engineering Specialist - HVAC Controls - Building Automation Service
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230845
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Manages the execution of all projects designated as BT Works projects. Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning multiple smaller projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
• Schedule, design, and manage the execution of projects designated as BT Works projects.
• Coordinate Branch and/or personal labor to achieve BT Works project completion schedules.
• Manage invoicing and all financial aspects of BT Works projects.
• Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
• Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements. Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements. Designs building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the based on project plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Designs building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET. Creates automation system database and job related programming for computer-based building control systems. Establishes special calibration instructions on selected equipment. Oversees the creation of system graphics.
• Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
• Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate reports, minimizes variances and provides justification.
• Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
• Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
• Coordinates work with subcontractors.
• May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists.
• Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• High School or GED.
• 3+ years experience servicing DDC controls systems
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Associate's degree in Electronics or other related technical field preferred.