Laboratory Technician - Electrical Testing
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 230847
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Tucker
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Lab Technician - Electrical Testing (Entry Level) for their Tucker, GA location. As a Lab Technician you will perform standardized electrical tests as directed per UL, CSA, and other certification bodies under the direction of lab team leader. The testing includes temperature, short circuit, mechanical endurance, electrical endurance, and environmental. You will report to the Laboratory Team Lead and you will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Produce accurate and detailed testing documentation describing the performance of various electrical devices including circuit breakers, controls devices, and distribution equipment.
- You will maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Other assignments as directed by Team Lead.
- Test equipment maintenance/upgrades.
- You will be cross-train in other areas of the Power Lab with the expectation to learn quickly.
1. High School required; 2-year degree in electrical field of study preferred.
2. Proficient in Microsoft Office skills.
3. PC skills, to include basic programming skills.
4. Ability to use oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
1. ISO 9001, 17025 documentation requirements.
2. Experience with circuit breakers and wiring from residential size (15A) through industrial size (up to 6000A).
3. Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in the electrical field.
4. Labview programming.
5. PLC programming Simatic and LOGO preferred.
6. Ability to multitask and work independently.
7. Experience using thermocouples.
8. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
9. Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
10. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
11. Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.