Senior Engineering Manager - Building Performance & Sustainability
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230863
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Other Locations: United States-California-Hayward, United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Leads, manages, and oversees implementation of BPS ESCO projects. Drives the successful planning and execution of all required implementation activities leading to achievement of revenue and profit budgets as well as customer and employee satisfaction goals. This position will manage all Zone project management personnel as a total Zone-level organization either directly or indirectly through managers reporting to this position. Directs all Zone project management activities; ensures the exercising tight cost control and maximizing price realization, margin, and profit and labor utilization.
· Execution of BPS ESCO projects including revenue forecast, annual budget, and other financial deliverables based on BPS ESCO goals and objectives. Develops, implements, assesses and adjusts action plans in order to achieve BPS ESCO profit plan.
· Builds and maintains an ESCO Project Management team committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth within the Zone. Ensures BPS ESCO Implementation team’s accountability and employee development through the ongoing Siemens Performance Management
· Process (PMP). Engages and motivates the ESCO Implementation team’s focus on goals and objectives achievement. Will work through appropriate Human Resource and company channels to provide the tools, training, and work environment that are necessary for ESCO Implementation employees to be successful.
· Actively manages work-in-progress by meeting regularly with operations leaders. Provides guidance and direction to ensure customer satisfaction. Directs the implementation of BT operations solutions, Workflow Standards, Top+, best practices and other initiatives
· Ensures the effectiveness of policies and standards and that Zone activities comply with all BT standards initiatives. Troubleshoots and resolves most complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
· Ensures compliance with all federal and local rules and regulations applicable to the geographic area as well as all company policies and procedures. Acts as a company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities to capitalize on local market opportunities, foster successful relationships and positive BT public image. Teams with other operating companies to provide total customer solutions in Siemens products and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management, or other related field required
· 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct personnel toward achievement of a common goal, excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors and employees. Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a complex organization.
· Performance contracting, financial and P&L experience preferred.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.