Dispatching Operator - Customer Service/Field Support - Louisville KY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 230886
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Field Dispatch Coordinator to support our Field Services team. As a Coordinator, you will respond to incoming inquiries and/or request regarding our products and services while providing efficient and courteous service. Are you ready to make history with us?
Do you enjoy investigating and resolving semi-complex problems? Working in Dispatch, you will support the order tracking, price quoting and scheduling.
Are you wondering how you will know if you are doing things correctly? We will set you up with a mentor who will work with you. As you ramp up your knowledge and become adjusted with your new role we will assign tasks to you that will allow you to work independently.
Many more exciting tasks await you. So if bringing your creativity and eagerness to learn excites you, then don't delay, we'd love to hear from you today, so you too can become a Future Maker!
Some of the key Responsibilities :
- To ensure positive customer expectations and commitments, you will effectively handle and schedule branch service activities and resources while delivering high quality service to assigned product lines.
If you enjoy multi-tasking, then you will appreciate these tasks:
- Supporting the team, tracking information, prioritizing your day and coordinating assignments for field service personal.
- You will service as the main point of contact for all service customers to ensure expectations are being met. Dedication to follows-up with customer after completion of service visit to ensure a high level of satisfaction with quality of work received is also something you will be doing.
Think of yourself as someone who loves to organize? Then these below responsibilities will be especially ones you will enjoy:
- Coordinating monthly quality assurance efforts of appropriate branch personnel.
- Handling decisions regarding the scheduling and movement of manpower and material.
- Scheduling and dispatching of the field labor to meet customer requests and expectations based upon nature of call, urgency, contractual obligation, available resources and customer needs.
- Ensuring all service requests and dispatches are well documented, coordinated, prioritized and organized.
- Reviewing processes and distributing all service documentation including service orders, timesheets, packing slips, purchase orders, accounts payable vouchers, MTO's and/or RMTR's as assigned.
Interested to learn more about the business and feel more involved in the bottom line? We will help you learn, by having you assisting with:
- Processing of credit memos and collections.
- Project profitability through cost containment procedures and processes.
- Maintaining timely set up and completeness of related job folders as assigned.
- Utilizing, maintaining and updating all employee, service call and customer information in SAP.
- Utilizing, where appropriate, all features including but not limited to service reporting, time stamping, TSP planning and scheduling, etc. May be responsible for non-installed parts sales including processing orders, pricing and invoicing.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- High School or GED. 2-5 years experience in customer service call handling, dispatching and service response in a related or technical industry required.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and business software systems (i.e. SAP)
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of a specialty area.
- Typically, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Legally authorized for employment in the Unites States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
- Technical school or Associates degree (2 year) preferred.
- Familiarity or experience with control, HVAC systems and engineering preferred.