Sr. Human Resources/ Talent Acquisition Business Consultant
Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 230897
Primary Location: United States-California-Mountain View
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
We are currently seeking a Sr. Human Resources/ Talent Acquisition Business Consultant who will partner with and support our healthcare start-up organization incubating within Siemens Healthineers. This person in this position must have a consultative capacity to coach and partner with the management team to create a start-up organization and to drive business strategy. In addition to HR generalist responsibilities, this role will also be responsible for the talent acquisition process for the incubation team. The position will be based in Mountain View, California. The position reports to the Sr. HR Director, located in Cary, North Carolina.
The position will provide a full range of human resources support to our organization including:
· Partner with the organization by actively participating in managing the business and integrating the human resources function with business activities to provide value to the customer.
· Partner with the leadership team to create policies and programs for the start-up organization. Ensure alignment, where applicable, with the Siemens Healthineers corporate policies and programs.
· Partner with the organization in leading the talent management process and organization planning to accelerate leadership development and enhance technical expertise at all levels in the organization.
· Source, screen and select high quality, candidates at all levels of the organization while guiding management and candidates through the selection process
· Identify and attend recruitment and networking events
· Lead talent acquisition for the supported organization. Develop and execute staffing strategies to support achievement of the short and long-term goals of the business.
· Implement employee relations strategies designed to create an environment that drives maximum individual and team success and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Counsel managers and employees to ensure appropriate and consistent application of Siemens operating policies and procedures.
· Conduct investigations and recommend corrective actions.
· Administer, monitor, coordinate, maintain and ensure compliance with areas that may include affirmative action, anti-discrimination, health and safety programs as well as federal and state regulations.
· Facilitate change management initiatives and partner with the leadership team to effectively communicate business strategies, goals, values and performance expectations.
· Conduct or participate on special investigations, studies, projects and other HR initiatives as needed to meet overall company and department strategic goals and initiatives.
· 15% travel for organizational meetings; other travel may be required as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Organizational Development a plus.
• A minimum of eight years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines including employee relations, performance management, and management consultation.
• PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
• Experience in supporting a start-up or incubation business is required.
• Experience in successfully working in a highly matrixed organization.
• The ability to be flexible, self-directed, motivated and able to interact with employees at all levels.
• Strong oral and written communication.
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
• The proven ability to prioritize rapidly; strong problem solving skills; excellent decision making/analysis skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must possess above average proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Ability to use data and information to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standard, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
• The proven ability to objectively coach employees and management through routine and complex employee relations matters.
• The proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills, professionalism and team attitude.