Motor Tester (3 Phase)
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 230911
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Perform complex mechanical and electrical testing of 3 phase electric motors. Motors range in size of 200 HP thru 20000 HP.
Testing to ensure that the manufacturability, quality, and safety requirements are attainable in the motor test process. Ensures accuracy and availability of complex procedures to support product modifications and testing. The Tester operator performs complex testing for the Large Drives product line and reports directly to the Test Department Supervisor. This position is in a collective bargaining Union and is a 2nd shift position. Must be willing to train on first shift until fully qualified.
· Interpret drawings, specifications, work center and manufacturing methods.
· Measure and record dimensions using measuring equipment related to processes.
· Perform and sign off on all QA and test operations using quality/computer programs.
· Follow appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
· Must be able to work independently with minimal direction from supervisor.
· Must meet all physical job requirements.
· Adhere to all outlined section and operational processes and procedures.
· Ensure motor matches the accompanying drawings and documentation
· Measure motor auxiliaries for proper resistance or state indication
· Measure and perform operation checks on motor auxiliary equipment
· Measure motor stator resistance and insulation resistance.
· Use any and all equipment necessary to test motor, example (multimeter, meggar, hipot, PLC,HMI, computer, data collection, power analyzer
· Ability to operate generators, transformers, variable speed drives
· Ability to work safely with 120 volts thru 13800 volts
Job Family Responsibilities:
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
2-4 Two years of electrical training or equivalent professional experience.
4-6 years of manufacturing experience
Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing and testing of large 3 phase electric motors.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing and testing of large 3 phase electric motors. Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of Total Productive Maintenance systems.
- Read and Interpret Blueprints.
- Knowledge of machine finishes and runout.
- Understand tolerances, both Metric and Standard measurement systems.
- Experience with various types of measuring equipment: Micrometers, Calipers, Thread gauges, etc.
- Knowledge of special test equipment: Potential Transformers, Current Transformer, Torque Transducers, Vibration Transducers etc.
- Experience with AC/DC generators, switch gear, variable speed drives, PLCs, HMIs .
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Direction of Others:
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.