Master Data Steward-SAP-TX
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 230936
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
- Setup of material master data. Requesting parties to provide organized list of items needing SAP part numbers via SAP creation form (with vendor data and included).
- Typical service level of 1-2 day turnaround time for master data creation
- Researches and validates that there is no duplication of part numbers before creating new records
- Includes creation / setup of generic Buy TYZ SAP part numbers
- PIR (Purchase Information Record) creation and update. Coordinate with Engineering, SQM (Supplier Quality Management), SCM (Supply Chain Management) and SPR (Strategic Procurement) to update PIRs to reflect contract supplier and pricing in system
- Maintain Source List to reflect Preferred suppliers for SI
- Quality/inspection relevant data in QM (quality module) for Supplier Quality Management (for high volume GC parts)
- Make TYZ master data creation/maintenance (Routing, work center, etc.)
- Setup high level Make TYZ as required for structure changes, not including WBS / TYZ structure setup for individual projects
- Maintain Master BOM Excel file data mirrored to SAP (system integration engineering reference tool)
Maintains a full audit trail of critical master data changes and handle internal queries as necessary.
- Data Steward to setup new process to document who requests material / vendor changes – along with required approvals - prior to updates in SAP.
Supports any ongoing SAP projects with all master data related support including preparation for Mass loads for various master data objects
Ability to suggest ideas to drive any Master Data related improvement initiatives as necessary e.g. efficiency improvements, script, training etc.
Cost savings activities for materials support under engineering manager direction (DTC, material equivalency technical comparisons)