Project Engineer – Rotating Equipment Olean, NY
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 230947
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
- Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline or, a two year degree in a technical science with demonstrated, engineering-based experience deemed by management to be applicable to the requirements of the position.
- 1+ years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Finalize scope of supply purchased by our clients and translate this to internal stakeholders.
- Finalize and clarify codes, standards, and project specifications applicable to the assigned project and review design to ensure compliance.
- Define the requirements of major buyout (motor, gear, gas turbine, steam turbine, couplings, etc) equipment thru authoring of technical specifications, defining all requirements for this purchased equipment.
- Provide technical support and warranty account administration for equipment supplied by Dresser-Rand.
- Define internal and external document schedules, load into documentation database. Monitor progress and escalate and issues for resolution.
- Review for approval all client-issued documentation for accuracy and compliance to project requirements. This includes, but is not limited to: process and instrumentation diagrams, bills of material, wiring schematics, rotor dynamic reports, test agendas, inspection and test plans, and project schedules.
- Act as technical point of contact to external clients and provide timely responses and resolution to client queries for assigned projects.
- Lead and provide timely resolution for all internal technical queries on assigned projects.
- Evaluate and document customer change requests, establish cost/schedule/delivery impact for all changes, submit to project manager for approval and monitor implementation of said changes
- Coordinate all interfaces between engineering departments / customer and engineering departments / vendor(s)
- Manage internal engineering progress and vendor progress by timely revisions to job file and purchase technical specifications
- Able and willing to travel 20% of the time, domestic and international with short notice.
- Experience with API standards (614, 617, 670, 692)
- Working knowledge of process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
- Experience with an ERP system such as SAP or Oracle.