Combined Cycle Plant Operating Technician
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 230990
Primary Location: United States-New York-Yaphank
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Combined Cycle Plant Operating Technician
Yaphank, New York
Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity? We are looking for a self-starter who can help us build a better tomorrow.
You will be responsible for:
- Working 12 hour rotating shifts, weekdays and weekends, some overtime and irregular hours
- Following and adhering to all safety and environmental rules and regulations
- Working independently, but under direction of Operations and Maintenance Manager and Control Room Technician
- Collaborating and participating as a team member with other technicians
We look for this person to be situated at the established Caithness Long Island Energy Center in Yaphank, NY
- Makes operating rounds of all plant equipment and supports the control room operator and keeps/maintains operating log
- Reads meters, gauges, and records data
- Visually inspects and listens to equipment
- Uses facility operating procedures and technical manuals to operate and maintain equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as well as light maintenance on equipment
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We require the following to be successful in this role:
- Achieved an Associates Degree or equivalent in engineering or technical skills
- You will good verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings
- Accumulated 1 to 2 years’ experience in a power plant (includes Navy and/or Merchant Marine experience)
- Critical understanding of lockout and tag out of energy sources and walks down pending work with maintenance technicians and contractors
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- You will have experience climbing ladders, operating valves and lifting loads up to 75 pounds
- Hands on experience using various hand tools
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
You will move to the top of the pack if you have:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school. A four year general or Bachelors of Science in Engineering is preferred. Have some understanding of thermodynamic principles and some experience in power plant, Navy, or Merchant Marine operations. Willingness and desire to train and move up to a Control Room Operator’s position within a 1 to 2 year time period.
- Successfully completed a degree from any of the state or federal Merchant Marine Academies provides an excellent background.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.