Business Unit: Energy Management (EM)
Requisition Number: 231004
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Southaven
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
The Materials/Logistics Supervisor position is an SII Central Support Functions position with responsibility for supervision of the Inbound and Outbound departments of the Southaven Logistics Center in Southaven, MS. This position supervises 40-50 hourly non-exempt employees across the assigned shift and is responsible to ensure inbound receipts are completed and put into accurate locations, orders are picked per daily reliability requirements, and orders are shipped accurately to Siemens customers. This position reports to the Operations Manager within the facility.
· Ensure all Time and Attendance records are maintained daily/weekly (including weekly attendance summaries for all personnel)
· Provide weekly/daily/monthly feedback to all employees regarding Production and Quality progression
· Enforce all Job rules regarding code of conduct and the general guidelines of the facility (including progressive discipline)
· Create a positive working environment that will allow employees to be motivated and productive in the facility
· Provide Pre-Shift and End of Shift numbers regarding shift performance vs the daily plan
· Collaborate with team members to standardize all operational processes across each shift in order to enforce process discipline (participation in 5S Audits and providing feedback regarding audit scores)
· Ensure 75% of time is spent on the floor providing support to all personnel and managing process flow within department (utilizing daily status reports to determine performance gaps)
· Provide formal handoff to oncoming shift including notes regarding WIP, 5S housekeeping, and Inventory reconciliation issues
· Collaborate with team to improve operational processes through Continuous improvement activities
· Work to mitigate all conflict within the team prior to exploring Chain of Command. Involve department manager after conflict has been resolved.
· Enforce all work rules in the facility timely and fairly as infractions occur
· Provide documented feedback to personnel bi-annually
· Manage other duties as assigned by management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position. All of these may not be applicable to each position.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful experience in a large distribution facility
- Extensive knowledge of SAP
- Microsoft Office Experience required (PPT, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or similar related field, Supply Chain Management or Logistics Management
- Lean certification, specifically Kaizen or 5S certifications
- Experience in a fast paced warehouse environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
In this section, please outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.