Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 231039
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 60%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Position Overview: Operational Technical Support
A key factor for matching our growth rates and maintaining our leading position is our people - competent, enthusiastic, and highly professional. We are continuously looking for qualified people who would like to join a dynamic and international company.
We currently have the following position open in our Orlando, FL office.
- Assist field technicians with troubleshooting during commissioning, service operation and maintenance of wind turbines on a daily basis - by phone or onsite assistance.
- Show professionalism, respect, and understanding when supporting wind technician.
- Take a proactive approach to fault finding by monitoring, trending, and analyzing wind turbine / wind farm performance to deliver proactive solutions.
- Maximize the use of troubleshooting applications, analyze the data, and work in close cooperation with the Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Software / SCADA teams to resolve and escalate support issues to regional or global teams.
- Identifies process improvements; includes reduction of non-value added operations, increased productivity opportunities, increased safety opportunities, etc.
- Use good written and verbal communication skills to describe complex faults, participate in preparation of reports, and follow up to final resolution.
- Manage and distribute workload of incoming customer tickets to various teams to drive resolution of cases in a timely manner.
- Forecasting of new products and creating / implementing field procedures to help support team for new projects
Qualifications: 2+ years working experience working in relevant field.
Electrical system skills from external education or job experience:
Electrical control systems
Frequency converter (ABB, Converteam, Ingeteam,DAC)
Candidates with significant experience in commissioning, troubleshooting, servicing, repairing, and testing ABB - ACS800 variable frequency drive systems (modular, high power, liquid
cooled) will be strongly considered as having transferable knowledge.
Understanding electrical drawings and schematics
Generator/Electric power generation
Hydraulic system skills from external education or job experience:
Hydraulics- Fluid flow, pressurized systems, isolation methods.
Reading and understanding hydraulic schematics
SCADA system skills from external education or job experience:
Networking and Fiber Optics
Basic SCADA and WPS working knowledge
General IT tolls and applications from external education or job experience:
Demonstrate competency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic PC.
Candidates with significant experience in commissioning, troubleshooting.
Person must be open minded, curious and proactive in search for knowledge Person must be ready to take responsibility in tasks assigned
Technical English spoken and in writing, fluency in Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
Special training in customer service, phone support, and helpdesk function
Cultural awareness, understanding international differences, in relation to communication
Further personal qualifications
Person must be able to meet physical demands from rescue training etc.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.