Engineer in Training Co-op- (Career Event)
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 231040
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Attention Applicants: Please note that this posting represents a general position profile to generate a pipeline of qualified individuals for this type of job and does not tie to a specific job opening.
If you believe you are a fit for this position profile, we encourage you to apply! Following review of your application, you may be invited to apply for a specific role or to join our Siemens Talent Community. Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Siemens.
Do you like working with your hands, taking things apart and putting them back together? Do you like to travel and is the idea of living out of a suitcase exciting to you? Are you ready to take on the challenge of powering our country? If so, Siemens Energy is seeking Co-ops to work in our Region North America Field Service division.
As a field service Co-op you will be located in Orlando. You will work along- side our staff of field service professionals who are responsible for maintenance and upgrades to some of the most powerful power generation machinery in the world including gas turbines, steam turbines and generators. You will also receive formal training in field safety practices, product familiarization, and Siemens business systems. After completing training and learning our Siemens safety ethic, you may be dispatched as a member of our field teams working on projects at customer power plants across the United States. Based upon the complexity, the duration of these assignments can be from 1 to 5 weeks.
Service Center work assignments may include:
· Develop and update field procedures, data sheets and checklists
· Resolve quality issues that have been documented in the Siemens CAPA system
· Packing, loading and improving field tool sets
· Design and test new field tooling such as lifting fixtures
· Participate in shop work on turbine components
Field assignments at power plants sites may include:
- Performing technician duties working under the direction of senior technicians
- Performing engineering tasks under the direction of seasoned field engineers
This Co-op program is intended to convert high-performing participants to a full time position as a Siemens field service Engineer in Training after obtaining their engineering degree.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Overall cumulative GPA must be 2.8 or higher
- Strong mechanical aptitude (Statistics, Dynamics, Material Science, Physics)
- Ownership and Leadership Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Self - motivated individual
- Must have a valid driver's license, and the ability to rent and drive a car
- Ability to work in Orlando from May 2018 until August 2018 (Summer Semester)
- Flexibility to adapt to the field service working environment while on assignment away from the office (remote locations, 12 + hour day or night shift(s), extensive travel)
- Mechanical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering Technology students preferred