Field Service and Commissioning Engineer
The UK Manager for Large Drives is looking to expand their department and is therefore on the lookout for a UK Field Service and Commissioning Engineer. This varied position is home based however it will enable you to travel the length and breadth of the UK and globally (2-3 times per year) as a means to become an expert within Siemens Large Drive systems.
You will be part of a Field Service team which commissions, services and maintains drive units which fully control many types of large electric motors - from 250kW to 50MW. These applications include; power stations, steel works, paper mills, petrol/chemical plants on and off shore and many more.
What are my responsibilities?
- Diagnose, fault find, repair, maintain and commission new drive systems
- Determine priorities of tasks and actions and schedules measures accordingly
- Support customers remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd level support
- Adhere to relevant processes and regulations, including health and safety
- Be involved in technical design and developments
- Prepare reports, software and documentation
- Contribute as test engineer to factory acceptance tests and demonstration to customers
- Lead the commissioning team/ subcontractors while on site
- Take responsibility for site permits and tasks
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC or equivalent in electrical/ electronic engineering
- 3 phase power and Drives knowledge is essential
- Experience of working with high voltage is advantageous
- Ability to work as part of a team and share best practice
- Willingness to travel UK wide and globally (valid passport and full driving licence) and to also work some weekends as required by the customer
Requisition ID: 231048
Organization: Digital Factory
Career Level: not defined
Full time only