Training Portfolio Consultant 2
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 231050
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Virtual Education Solutions (VES) organization is responsible for the development and transfer of education and training curriculum for both In-vivo and In-vitro Customers, Sales and other Employees All individuals in VES work cross functionally with a network of subject matter experts, including but not limited to: clinical and internal experts, marketing, and global commercialization teams, as well as external partners in the development and delivery of education and training. Direction for VES is provided by establishing annual strategic imperatives. These imperatives will create the foundation of tactical initiatives for continued improvement in educational offering, customer relationships, method penetration, revenue generation, productivity, and building organizational excellence.
As a member of Virtual Education Solutions, the Portfolio Consultant is responsible for the overall instructional integrity of the performance improvement solutions for active and collaborative virtual learning. Taking strategic and operational direction from the Senior Manager of VES, the Portfolio Consultant actively participates with the Senior Manager of VES to establish partnerships with external and internal partners to define, develop and deliver effective education offerings based on established curriculum design and technology, while ensuring legal, compliance and all quality system requirements are met. The Portfolio Consultant works with VES and CS Applications on market research to grow the portfolio of education offerings, opportunity management and Product Education Alignment. The Portfolio Consultant works with the Senior Manager of VES to lead internal and external consultative projects, in support of the healthcare consumer needs (clinical, technical, professional), maintains project plans, delineating curriculum development activities and timelines, detailing strategic and tactical initiatives supporting the growth of the overall portfolio. The Portfolio Consultant manages contracts with Partners, VES Operations and Legal. The Portfolio Consultant in partnership with product focused Education Consultants, subject matter network of experts, Business Line Leadership, Legal, CS Applications, and VES Operations will define details for various relationships. Portfolio Consultant will report on development and completion activities for global consumption and work with VES on localization needs. The Portfolio Consultant supports Marketing and Communication efforts on Portfolio Expansion and additional commercial related activities. The Portfolio Consultant fulfills diverse assignments that support departmental and business needs as outlined below.
Travel required: approx. 25% Domestic and International
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Marketing for healthcare professional education opportunities to expand education portfolio delivered via education platform. Market Research on key topics, areas of interest and education partnerships. Marketing strategy and pricing for commercial education offerings in conjunction and alignment with larger organizational education strategies. Inbound and outbound launch communication and catalogue management in alignment with organizational processes and product education activities.
- External Partner Management to include technical set up within HILS and seamless deployment with customer experience. Contract management in alignment with legal and organizational contract language for global deployment and local contract adaption. Develop and adhere to technical, legal and quality standards to ensure standardized approach for the user. Coordinate global and local activities for increased transparency, working with country leads. Track and communicate activities with Global network, providing transparency on all Partner activities.
- Project management and instructional design for the development of customer and employee virtual training programs using an established foundation for curriculum design. Develop standards of functionality, effectiveness, and appearance for training. Identify audience needs, course objectives and assess most effective instructional method to achieve. Build network of subject matter experts to expand portfolio that impact business metrics and organizational effectiveness. Consult the education specialists in updating the content of existing training offerings to include new techniques, approaches and technology. The incumbent communicates ideas to other global team members through various forms of written communications including lists of learning objectives, scripts, story boards, outlines, testing, blueprints and flow charts.
- Design and Develop virtual education curriculums through the combination of various educational strategies such as self-paced e-learning modules, performance support, videos, webinars, job aids, assessments, surveys, and other innovative educational deployment means. Manage the design and development of education and training modules by following design and development processes and using tools set forth in HILS and the Virtual Office.
- Evaluate education effectiveness and commercial adoption, includes front-end performance improvement measurements, development and implementation of evaluation mechanisms and reporting on trends/corrective action. Define globalization processes and manage redesign/update existing materials.
- Support education innovation strategies and initiatives to expand the HILS platform and portfolio of offerings to bring forth value in educational efficiencies and effectiveness in the areas of course design, delivery and technology implementation. Establishes and maintains network of alliances with education consultants to identify alternate training design, strategies and delivery channels. Participate in activities that support professional development, e.g., workshops, seminars, training organizations.
- Participate and represent VES at internal and external meetings. Identify and present on Portfolio expansion opportunities. Network with internal and external experts and potential partners. Seek opportunities for education expansion within the industry. Coordinate opportunities with global and local partners.
From time to time, the Incumbent’s supervisor/manager may assign additional unlisted duties/responsibilities on a temporary or regular basis depending on business needs.
Incumbent is responsible for understanding the Learning Object Development process and additional VES processes integrate into their work practices to augment the business such as: participating in clinical and other related meetings, conducting needs analyses, leading portfolio related meetings, maintaining project plans, and aligning with product launch initiatives. The incumbent is required to meet all Siemens Healthineers, CS, CS APPS, and VES process requirements for the functional group and Siemens Healthineers.
PHYSICAL CONTEXT/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is an active work position with some sitting, lifting a maximum of 10 lbs.; frequent standing/walking. There are no hazardous conditions relating to this position. This position is performed in an office environment requiring no personal protection equipment.
Education – Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Instructional Design, Adult Education, Applied Technology, or Curriculum Development, Scientific relation, Marketing – or discipline related to these areas..
Experience – 3 to 4 years professional experience with increasing responsibility and various assignments in training industry with proven track record. This is to include 2-3 years of instructional design experience for virtual education, with emphasis on Instruction/Education. Requires high degree of interpersonal communications for negotiation, team leading, interviews and presentations. Project planning and management skills essential for the numerous team projects required. Contract Management and Marketing preferred. Requires experience with leading edge training tools and technologies in graphics, computer-based training, and production of presentation materials. Experience with market research desired. Must be committed to on-going intellectual and professional development, including knowledge of current and emerging technology.