Project Engineer - Order Execution and Project Mgt
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 231053
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Project Engineer for their Richland, MS plant. We are looking for someone who is customer- oriented, a self-starter, able to provide project management and order execution efforts, in support of critical business objectives. You will play a key role in the business process, by targeting and supporting order execution, project management activities and identifying the risk of delays in timely manner, in support of business growth. You will report to the Product Marketing Manager and you will have no reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Richland factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
· Maintain/update Order Tracking Tool align with SAP, production control plan and contract dates
· Coordinate and communicate among different functions to keep orders on track / on schedule
· Decision making on expediting necessary to keep orders on track/ on schedule
· Commits changes to previously agreed on contract dates
· Lead for review of Change Orders that affect price and delivery time/contract dates
· Project management of strategic customer orders per documented process
· Special projects assigned by Marketing manager
· Inspect complex products like circuit breaker and non-common frame IPO CB to ensure all parts are included in shipment
· Responsible for On-time orders and Performance improvements
· Customer Witness Testing (lead for FAT, ITP, and sign-offs/punch-lists)
· Attend production meetings regularly (flag/summarize anything more than 1 week different from the planned ship date; inform Marketing & CA)
· Prepare and distribute monthly PM reports
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
2. Experience working in order planning & execution and project management.
3. Self-starting and autonomous with time management and prioritization ability.
4. Technical aptitude and problem solving capability.
5. Professional communication and presentation skills.
6. Ability to work with several functions to get work done.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. BS Electrical Engineering; plus, MBA
2. 5 years applicable experience in the manufacturing environment
3. SAP or similar enterprise system experience
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
5. Multi-task experience with focus on customer expectations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.