Director of Industry Solutions, Energy & Utilities
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 231056
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Other Locations: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide.
Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Operations
Management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
A director of industry solutions is being sought for the Energy and Utilities sector. This is a senior global individual contributor role responsible for applying deep industry knowledge and practical knowledge of commonly used software applications to direct Industry solution activities. This role uses experience with design, scheduling, construction, commissioning, maintenance or plant operations, to lead and direct teams of presales, services and software developers to define solution requirements, develop industry specific solution configurations and promote (take to market) industry solutions.
• Provide support to the global lead for E&U Industries, leading product catalyst development and deployment, while working closely with product group leads assigned to the E&U industry.
• Understand, document and communicate key Industry processes
• Define industry recommended/best practice for enabling processes with software applications.
• Identify, define, prioritize and communicate software solution requirements (gaps) and associated business processes to solution architects or other subject matter experts.
• Work with marketing and sales leaders to define and communicate software solution business value to external audiences, Create and/or direct others to create process centric solution presentations & demonstrations.
• Create and/or direct others to create solution configuration guides (software configuration knowledge optional).
• Supporting field enablement on Industry trends, Energy & Utilities specific trends, processes and solutions.
• Support account sales teams in selling Industry solutions to key customers globally, .
• Lead and manage industry and cross industry projects to define solutions and create solution materials.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• An MIS or engineering degree (can be a Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical engineering who has been involved in related business processes and IT systems).
• 10+ years of industry experience.
• Detailed knowledge of business processes and discipline specific practices within the target industry, with an emphasis in one or more of
the following areas: Plant Engineering, Plant Design, Program Management, Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Plant Maintenance and Operations.
• Detail knowledge of the use of PLM tools/applications within the target industry through practical experience and/or implementation (not necessarily Siemens PLM tools/applications).
• Detailed knowledge of design, planning/scheduling, commissioning or maintenance software; to include but not limited to, or an equivalent competitor to Oracle Primavera, Hexagon Smartplant, Aveva, WinPCS, Maximo, or SAP.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Hands on experience using PLM applications within the target industry is preferred, but not required (not necessarily Siemens PLM tools/applications).
• Administrative experience installing, configuring or managing applications such as Oracle Primavera, Hexagon Smartplant, Aveva, WinPCS, Maximo, or SAP is preferred, but not required