Application Engineer - Low/Medium Voltage Products
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 231058
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_management.html
The Low Voltage & Systems Business Unit, located in Norcross, GA is growing steadily. It is seeking highly qualified and energetic Application Engineer for Low Voltage Business Segment.
The Application Engineer will play a significant role in business generation of Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboards, Panelboards by offering a solution that best fits our customer needs and ensuring competitive pricing.
The Application Engineer will work closely with Siemens Sales and customers in the industrial, construction and utility markets on technical, contractual and commercial issues.
The Application Engineer is responsible for business generation of Low Voltage Switchgear, Busway, MV Transformers, Unit substation, Switchboards and Panelboards through the following
•Providing technical support to Siemens Sales and customers
•Analyze customer’s technical specifications and one lines, apply appropriate product offerings to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
•Follow up on opportunities to confirm if they have been won, lost or abandoned
•Update sales force with quotation information
•Assist with orders, once they are received to ensure expedient handover of order to project manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or Bachelor degree in Engineering Discipline.
2. Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as an application engineer or similar profile.
3. Possess basic level of technical knowledge with the application of electrical systems.
4. Excellent team player and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
5. Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
6. Basic financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project lifecycle management processes.
7. Ability to identify market trends and using this information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
8. Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools, Sales force and product configuration/pricing applications.
9. Willingness to travel up to 10%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for LV Switchgear, LV Switchboard.
2. Knowledge and experience with the application of electrical distribution products and systems with a focus on Low voltage switchgear products in construction, industrial and utility related market segments.
3. Knowledge and experience with evaluating single line diagrams (SLD), relay PLC schemes, communication network diagrams (media & protocols)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.