Associated Engineer (SE Zone) - Fire
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 231073
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walk-throughs.
- Designs basic systems for standard facilities which, depending on the system type, valve and damper schedules, fire alarm detection and notification layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Assists with analyzing plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Ensures proper types and sizes of basic products.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for use in basic commissioning and validation.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Assists with peer review of engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Engineering Assistants, or assumes the duties of Engineering Assistants.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in business related technology, e.g., mechanical or electrical design or engineering, or related field/equivalent experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, fire or security system, and business operations preferred.
- NICET Level I (minimum) will be required after 2 years for Fire Engineers.
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
- Good communicate skills.
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities from customers and internal partners to consistently manage time effectively and meet established deadlines.