Big Data Developer - Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 231091
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
The Business Intelligence team is seeking a Big Data Developer to join their team!
Please consider joining our highly innovative and dynamic technology team as a Big Data Developer. We’re looking for strong full stack developers with Big Data experience who will help design, build and maintain our automated telemetry data processing pipelines and analytical tools used by Siemens PLM software products. You will be part of the team automating the processing and analysis of our big data. You will help to develop and manage a comprehensive Analytics portal, providing extensive capabilities and services to our customers. You will work with Business Analysts, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to understand the product vision and feature requirements to deliver systems that are in line with architectural norms and best practices. You will have an opportunity to use wide array of technologies and tools for data processing and analysis. You’ll need keen analytical skills and a willingness to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
The Big Data Developer will act as a productive member of our team by providing creative and innovative tools and services to process and analyze software telemetry data. Team members work in a fast-paced environment delivering both tactical and strategic technology solutions.
• Design, implement, tests and deploy cloud services and infrastructure which will be utilized across all company products to provide business intelligence solutions
• Fine tune application performance
• Troubleshoot and resolve data processing issues
• Collaborate with product architects, owners and key stakeholders to develop cutting-edge solutions
• Specific domains: cloud technologies, data mining and analysis, Big Data solutions, container based cloud deployments, micro services, frontend development
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
• Experience writing algorithms, designing data structures, application of object oriented methods
• A minimum of 3 years programming experience in Java (preferably), Python, Go
• A minimum of 2 years developing on an DBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB
• Experience in database design, development and data modeling
• Experience with large data sets – regularly transforming and querying tables or sets of greater than 20 million records
• Ability to identify problems, and effectively communicate solutions to a team
• Experience working within an agile software development environment
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Self-Directed, High Energy
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Exposure to AWS services such as EMR, Glue, Lambda, Step Functions, Aurora, DynamoDB, Athena, ECS
• Hadoop: HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, EMR
• Experience in Machine Learning and AI
• Experience in Microservice-based architecture
• Experience with Containers and container management: ECS, Kubernetes
• ETL using SQL or a scripting/programming language
• Familiarity with multiple platforms: Linux, MacOS, Windows
• Familiarity with Monitoring and logging solutions: DataDog, Zabbix, Splunk, ELK stacks
• Experience in frontend development: React, Angular, Vue,js
• Experience with Analytics and Data visualization tools: Tableau, QuickSight, Looker, etc.
• Knowledge of SDLC, CI/CD tools (JIRA, GitLab, Jenkins, etc.
• DevOps Environment Experience
Learn more about Siemens PLM Software by watching this video!