Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 231104
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Des Moines
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
- We are looking for an IT specialist to work in our SCADA group, located in Iowa. The SCADA group’s primary responsibilities are to manage and maintain the infrastructure of SCADA system for our Wind Farms.
- The primary responsibilities of the IT specialist are:
- Provide operational support and troubleshooting leadership for Wind Turbine SCADA systems primarily in Iowa, but may support other sites are workload allows.
- Demonstrate competency with virtual systems (VMware, EMC, NetApp)
- Familiarity with wind turbine SCADA systems and SCADA network security
- Upgrade and rebuild servers, hard drives, switches, and other components that are part of the SCADA system infrastructure
- Provide server administration (Microsoft Platforms) and related problem solving
- Communicate with external and internal customers on project status and updates
- Demonstrate competency with database tools (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, MySQL control center)
- Demonstrate competency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with documentation of results in case management systems
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification may be required in some areas (CCNA, PMP, CSSP/CIS preferred, but not required). Additional certifications may be required within 1 year of employment.
Must be able to pass a MEC 360 NERC background check.