Sr. Sales Manager - Fire Solutions - Mt. Laurel, NJ
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231154
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Mount Laurel
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is searching for a Branch Senior Sales Manager to grow our Fire portfolio. The Sr. Sales Manager is responsible for new construction and retrofit Fire Solutions Sales Management; ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained while also driving employees to achieve business goals. The Branch Senior Sales Manager is primarily involved in leading a Sales Team to overdrive quota, capture new market share, and grow the Fire business for Siemens Building Technologies. This position will be a management position with direct reports and P&L responsibility. The position is based in Mt. Laurel, NJ.
- Lead a team of sales professionals who sell Fire products tailored to meet our customers’ requirements. Primary customers will be electrical and general contractors along with a focus on CM turnkey and bundled sales.
- Work in an open, collaborative, team environment in support of our ownership and customer centric culture.
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to SBT (Siemens Building Technologies). Participates in development of long range sales planning and growth strategies.
- Promote team-selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
- Develop sales employees to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget.
- Be the key sponsor for critical contractors and SBT accounts.
- Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills including communicating goals and providing performance appraisals.
- Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources, and assessing future potential business.
- Review proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards, and professional quality to meet company and customer objectives.
- Actively participate in senior-level selling to large / key accounts.
- Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts to validate or modify our solution offerings to evolve with our customers’ business objectives.
- Act as a resource to sales employees regarding SBT's products, applications and services.
- Maintains trade contacts and actively participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
- Design overall operational objectives and work plans for sales to electrical/general contractors, and owners and delegate assignments to subordinate staff.
- Execute and refine strategy to build relationships with Engineering community and increase Siemens specification rate.
- Develop strategy for retention of account base and development of new accounts.
- Required education: Ideally 4 year college degree desired. High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Required experience: Five years of sales experience in fire, life safety. Incremental security, building technologies, or similar field desirable.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
- Account development and strategic sales skills with which to teach, lead, and coach a sales team.
- Preferred 2+ years of sales management and P&L responsibility.
- Preferred local Phila / S Jersey market and industry knowledge.
- Preferred experience with fire monitoring, sprinkler service, VMS, IT networks, access control, electrical systems, construction, and fast paced working environments.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Other preferences:
- Strong knowledge of services and ROI-related offerings with ability to develop and implement a local sales strategy to achieve growth objectives.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to market, position, and sell cloud-based data-driven service programs, such as fault detection and diagnostics, to existing and new customers.